I remember when I first considered taking on a virtual assistant. I was so conflicted about whether I could even justify hiring help, considering I hadn’t been blogging very long at that point. Guilt got the best of me as I questioned adding expenses before I was turning more of a profit first.
But deep down, I knew that taking this ‘risk’ would be exactly what would help me take my blog to the next level much faster! In the end, I decided the probable pros outweighed the potential cons. Sure enough, going out on a limb before I felt ready turned out to be a smart strategy for long term gains.
Do you find that managing your blog can be very stressful? If you are thinking about hiring a virtual assistant, (a VA) to help, there are plenty of great reasons to consider this option. An extra set of hands can save you a lot of time, which would free you up to focus on your strengths, just like it did for me. Having someone on your team can help make the whole blogging process feel a lot less overwhelming.
Here are 3 ways a VA can help with your blog:
- Virtual assistants can manage the technical aspects. As much as you may enjoy blogging, you might despise dealing with the technical side of things. One of the main benefits of hiring a VA to help manage your blog is that they can help with things like making sure your blog is backed up, your plug-ins are current, and your blog’s software is up-to-date. They can also help you update your blog’s theme, header, widgets and more. If you’re not a tech-savvy person, this alone may be a great reason to consider hiring a VA!
- Virtual assistants can help with content management. If you find it overwhelming to manage your blog’s content, don’t fret! A VA can help you come up with trendy topics to write about, help with search engine optimization, and ensure that you stick to a content calendar. They can also help schedule your blog posts to publish at certain times. Your VA can also make sure that your links are active and working, as well as make sure that your photos are loading properly. They can also ensure affiliate links are placed into your blog posts to help generate revenue.
- Virtual assistants can help with marketing your blog. As much as you might wish that managing your blog stopped when you publish posts, the truth is that it doesn’t. Marketing is essential to helping your blog grow. If you don’t have the additional time it takes to spend marketing your blog, that’s okay! This is another area where hiring a virtual assistant can be helpful. A VA can help you use social media networks to gain new blog followers, as well as engage with any followers that you already have. They can respond to any comments that are left directly on your blog or on your blog’s social media pages. A virtual assistant can also help filter through and delete any SPAM that makes its way to your blog or social media pages. They can follow other bloggers who follow you and assist in cross promotions, such as scheduling guest posts on other blogs. If you decide to run any blog promotions, such as contests or giveaways, your VA can help spread the word and build excitement amongst your followers.
These are just 3 ways a VA can help with your blog. When hiring a virtual assistant, it’s important to determine your specific goals ahead of time. Be sure to lay out what issues you struggle with most to narrow down your top priorities to delegate to your VA. Then enjoy the extra time to focus on what you do best!
Latest posts by sybilbrun (see all)
- 9 Ways to Get Blog Traffic from Pinterest - March 2, 2017
- 3 Ways a VA Can Grow Your Social Media Presence - January 27, 2017
- 20 Game Changing Books for Bloggers & Business Owners - December 19, 2016