Do you have a blog? If so, it’s essential for you to create a blog strategy. With so many blogs out there to choose from, it’s important to find ways to make yourself stand out from the crowd. The right strategy can help you do this because it helps you create the best content possible, gives your blog credibility, and helps you meet your marketing goals.
Here are 3 tips for creating a blog strategy:
- Have a clear goal in mind. It’s important to ask yourself the following questions. What is the purpose of your blog? Do you want to monetize your blog through ad revenue or affiliate sales? Are you going to use your blog to help establish authority for your personal brand or business? How will you demonstrate knowledge and expertise to demonstrate that authority and credibility? Are you going to use your blog to drive sales to your products or services? Will your blog serve one or more of these purposes? No matter what the answers are, an effective blog strategy starts with figuring out exactly why you want to blog in the first place.
- Decide who your target audience is. Your blog’s niche will help you determine who you’re trying to reach. Your target audience will determine the type of content you will want to create for your blog, as well as the tone you will want to use. It’s important to stay focused. If you have a blog about makeup, you probably won’t want to post about marine animal mating rituals, for example 😉 Sticking to topics in your niche will help ensure that your content will appeal to your audience. It will make you more likely to gain new readers and maintain your current readership as well. To get an idea of what your target audience is interested in, you will want to do some research. Determine what types of content similar blogs are posting on and/or consider surveying your audience to determine their core values and needs that you can help with. This can help provide inspiration for your own content.
- Determine what methods of promotion you will leverage and how you will do so. You can blog all you want, but chances are you won’t receive the traffic that you’re hoping for without promoting your content. When you’re working on your blog strategy, it’s important to ask yourself the following questions. Will you use Facebook paid targeted advertising to gain more followers? Will you use Instagram and Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog? Will you network with other bloggers or leaders in your industry to get your blog name out in front of your target audience? What type of content will you post on social media? Will you host giveaways to build excitement? The answers to these questions can help you develop a clearer picture on how to market your blog.
These are just 3 first steps toward creating an effective blog strategy. Though these are important basics, you may need to revisit them again and again as you strive to stay current in an ever changing market. Now that you’ve read some basics on how to develop a blog content strategy, click through here next to read up on why this is so important. Keep a lookout for more on blogging strategy coming in the future – we’ll be discussing intermediate and advanced strategies in future posts!
Latest posts by sybilbrun (see all)
- 9 Ways to Get Blog Traffic from Pinterest - March 2, 2017
- 3 Ways a VA Can Grow Your Social Media Presence - January 27, 2017
- 20 Game Changing Books for Bloggers & Business Owners - December 19, 2016