Like most of us, you probably love perusing Pinterest to discover new recipes, plan your upcoming home renovation, or design your future wedding; but you may not be fully leveraging Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog. Here are some tips on how to get blog traffic from Pinterest:
- Choose a relevant image. If the blog post that you’re trying to drive traffic to is a recipe, you’ll want to post a vertical, captivating image of the meal that you’ve created. If your blog post is about your recent trip to Disney World, you might post an eye catching, vertical image of Cinderella’s Castle at Magic Kingdom.
- Write a keyword-rich description for the photo. If you’ve posted a picture of Cinderella’s Castle, for example, you will want to include “Disney World,” “Cinderella’s Castle,” and/or “Magic Kingdom” as keywords in your caption, even if your blog post is about other theme parks as well. Making the caption relevant to the photo will increase the odds that people who are interested in your blog post will find the picture on Pinterest more easily. Remember – though Pinterest is widely considered a social media site, it’s a true search engine more than anything else!
- Include a link to your blog. A silly but common marketing mistake that many bloggers make is assuming that people will go out of their way to search for your blog if you simply list the name. The truth is that they generally won’t. This is why you need to make your blog easy to find. Be sure to include your URL when you create a Pin.
- Create interesting Pinterest boards. People will be more likely to follow your blog on Pinterest if your boards are creative, interesting, and original. But how do you know what types of boards people are interested in? This leads us to the next point….
- Do your research. Find out what types of Pins and Pinterest boards other blogs are sharing. While you won’t want to copy them, it will help give you an idea of what your target audience is interested in. That creative inspiration will help you flesh out your own boards!
- Be consistent. Pinterest will be a more effective marketing tool if you use it on a regular basis. You should aim to create at least one Pin for every blog post. If your Pin gets a lot of attention, you may want to consider creating similar Pins in the future. Even old posts can bring long-term followers to your blog.
- Engage with your followers. Your followers are more likely to re-Pin your content if you re-Pin, Like, and comment on their Pins as well. Remember that your followers will be less likely to engage with you if they view your Pinterest relationship as one-sided.
- Make it easy to Pin your blog content. You can add a “Pin It” button to your blog to encourage your followers to share your posts on Pinterest. You might be surprised by how many people Pin your posts. People love to Pin things that they want to save for later.
- Install Rich Pins. Rich Pins add extra details to pins from your website such as: movie, recipe, article, product, and place. Learn how and why to install rich pins right here.
These are 9 of the best ways to get blog traffic from Pinterest. Since this social network is designed to share things, you may find that your blog posts will get even more traffic than you’re expecting when you start using Pinterest as a part of your social media marketing strategy! We’d love to hear your best tips too – let’s talk about it in the comments below 🙂
Latest posts by sybilbrun (see all)
- 9 Ways to Get Blog Traffic from Pinterest - March 2, 2017
- 3 Ways a VA Can Grow Your Social Media Presence - January 27, 2017
- 20 Game Changing Books for Bloggers & Business Owners - December 19, 2016