If you use social media to market your brand or business, it probably feels like it can get quite time consuming after a while. The truth is that it doesn’t need to be! It is possible to create an effective content strategy that requires you to spend less than an hour a day on social media.
Here are 5 ways to maximize social media use in under 1 hour per day:
- Choose graphics to use in your posts (10 minutes or less). The key to success on social media is creating eye-catching posts that will capture your followers’ interest. Select four or five graphics that you will use in your posts for an entire week. Whether you use your own photos or choose images from stock sites, this should only take about 10-20 minutes of your time, at most. Your posts will be set in terms of visuals for the entire week.
- Schedule your social media posts (15 minutes or less). You can save yourself valuable time by scheduling your posts to publish at set times. Although this may seem a little time consuming, you can schedule your posts for the entire week in this batch processing style. While you will be spending more time on social media the first day, it will free up a lot of time on the other days. The only reason this step may take up to 15 minutes (per channel) is because you will want to individualize your posts so that you aren’t sharing the same exact post on every network. You can read the easiest way to “schedule” your Instagram posts right here!
- Follow back other users (5-10 minutes). All you need to do is sign into your social media accounts and follow back any users who have begun to follow you since your last log-in. Assuming that you only use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn to promote your brand, this should only take you about 5-10 minutes.
- Engage with other users (10 minutes or less). Engaging with other users seems time consuming, but it doesn’t need to be. It should only take you about 10 minutes or less to respond to any messages or comments that people have made to your social media accounts, as well as retweet, re-pin, or share posts for anyone who has done the same for you.
- Analyze your social media strategy (10 minutes or less). Although social media networks offer all sorts of tools to analyze your statistics, it’s a lot easier to use URL shorteners. Instead of posting links to your content, consider using an URL shortener like bitly. These URLs will provide you useful insights into what’s working and what isn’t. You can see which social media network is driving most of the traffic to your blog, website, or products. It will only take you 10 minutes or less to analyze these statistics, which can help you determine which social media networks you should focus more of your time on in the future.
These are just 5 ways to use social media in under 1 hour per day. When you’re ready to up your game, keep in mind that there’s more you can explore to help you maximize productivity on your social media accounts, such as hiring a virtual assistant or using a content management software program.
Latest posts by sybilbrun (see all)
- 9 Ways to Get Blog Traffic from Pinterest - March 2, 2017
- 3 Ways a VA Can Grow Your Social Media Presence - January 27, 2017
- 20 Game Changing Books for Bloggers & Business Owners - December 19, 2016