If you’ve been active online for long, you probably already know that social media is essential for growing your online influence. While most people are aware that Facebook and Twitter can help others find their blog and business, not everyone is aware how Instagram can help grow their reach too. How does posting photos help drive traffic to your site? There are actually plenty of benefits that you can take advantage of when you use this social media network. Let’s take a look at some of them.
Here are 3 reasons your brand needs Instagram:
- Instagram has so many users. As of 2016, Instagram has over 500 million active users. Woah, just woah. Right? While this means that you will need to make your content as appealing as possible in order for it to be seen, it also means that there are just so many people out there who could find your site this way! Instagram can help you get recognition from users who many never discover your blog otherwise. In order to ensure that your content has the best chance of converting to traffic for your website, you’ll want to post high-quality, well balanced photos and engaging captions to captivate your target audience and evoke emotion. You will also want to utilize hashtags effectively to help people find your photos.
- There are several ways to encourage people to visit your blog on Instagram. For starters, you can include the link to your blog in your Instagram profile. Another option is to add the link to your blog at the bottom of your photos. As your photos generate interest, people will naturally be more likely to visit your blog. You may also want to consider ways you can encourage people to visit your blog in your caption. For instance, if you have a travel blog, you can encourage people to click through to read more about your experience when you post a picture of your most recent travel destination. If you’re a food blogger, you can let people know that the recipe to your newest creation can be found on your blog.
- Keep your current blog followers engaged. As a content creator, one of your main goals is to encourage your readers to continue coming back for more. Sharing and doing life together through Instagram is a great way to consistently remind your audience that your blog and business exist. This will drive brand awareness and help keep you top of mind as your followers come to know, like, and trust you more. To make it easy for your current readers to follow you, you can even add an Instagram shortcut button on your blog.
These are just three reasons your brand needs Instagram, but it’s definitely not an exhaustive list. It may seem like it’s just one more social media network to worry about, but Instagram is actually so user friendly and effective, we’d be remiss to not give it a try. Especially with the one free tool you need to hit the easy button when it comes to Instagram!
Enter Planoly … this social media simplifier is pretty much your new best friend when it comes to Instagram. I am actually leveraging the awesome power of Instagram every day now that I found out about the awesome Planoly app and website! I rarely found the time for typing out long lines of content “hunt and peck” style on a little phone keyboard, but this platform allows you to quickly type on a computer and have your posts as scheduled as Instagram will allow. When your scheduled time rolls around, a couple clicks later and your post is published, right when you want it go out! This tool has simplified and streamlined the way I use Instagram and it can for you too – for FREE or you have the option to upgrade, if you wish. Hope this helps some of you the way it’s helped me too! Let me know what you think if you decide to give Planoly a try. I’d love to get connected with you on Instagram so be sure to share your link with me in the comments too! Happy gramming, ya’ll!
Latest posts by sybilbrun (see all)
- 9 Ways to Get Blog Traffic from Pinterest - March 2, 2017
- 3 Ways a VA Can Grow Your Social Media Presence - January 27, 2017
- 20 Game Changing Books for Bloggers & Business Owners - December 19, 2016